An American Photographer: Judy Gilmore
A little about me:
Growing up on a small family farm, in a small town in rural Vermont, I learned to appreciate the God-given beauty around me.
- From the taste of sap in late Winter to the peepers singing in early Spring.
- From the first signs of green in Spring and the vibrant colors and smells of lilacs, tulips, and freshly mowed lawns in late Spring.
- From throwing hay bales in the hot summer sun to Sunday drives around Vermont, with a creammie somewhere along the road.
- From walking the dirt road to the bus stop with crisp leaves crunching underfoot to the sharp smell of Winter on the air.
And while I love Vermont, I also like to explore different parts of the USA and Europe. (I also don’t mind revisiting places I’ve already traveled to.) And I love sharing the beauty I’ve seen with you!
In my photography, I strive for honesty and simplicity (minimal editing). I hope you use the digital download photos to help you relax and destress. I hope you use the scenic landscape greeting cards to send a smile through the mail to a loved one, to reach out and connect with a friend, and to reconnect with a family member. I hope you hang your 8×10 prints where you will see them and smile.
And some more:
When I’m not working here, I’m taking one (or two, or three) of my five sled dogs for a walk…or all five for a sled run. You might also find me curled up with a good book. And, of course, you’ll find me traveling the USA, Ireland, or Scotland with camera in hand! Or possibly you might find me on a roadway construction site in Vermont…
Some other random facts about me:
* My first trip as an adult was to Ecuador.
* I’ve been inside the I-91 Brattleboro bridge.
* I have slept overnight on a European train.
* During the construction of the World War II Memorial Highway, I was allowed to push the plunger to blow up rocks.
* I have never been on an ocean cruise ship.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many thingsEdgar Allan Poe
which escape those who dream only by night.